Position: Chairperson, special pedagogy Department, Professor, special pedagogy Department
Scientific degree: Doctor of Psychological Sciences
Academic status: Professor
Google Scholar profile: scholar.google.com.ua
Facebook profile: www.facebook.com
Psychology of diagnostics and correction of developmental disorders
The topic of Doctoral dissertation: “Psychological bases for the formation of social competences in children with autistic disorders”
- Ostrovska K. O. Peculiarities of social competence in children with different autistic levels / K. O. Ostrovska // Journal of Education, Culture and Society. – Wrozlaw, 2013. – №1. – Р.133 – 147. jecs2012820132920133-147
- Ostrovska K. O. Peculiarities of teacher attitude towards secondary school inclusive education / K.O.Ostrovska // W ks. “Social distance in special pedagogics. Vol. II. Socio-educational contexts”, red. Beata Szabała, Monika Parchomiuk, Wyd. UMCS. – Lublin, 2012. – P. 31–37.
- Ostrovskii I. P. Peculiarities of senior social-psychologic activity / I. P. Ostrovskii, S. L. Grabovska, K. O. Ostrovska, A. W. Sokalska // Aging, psychological, biological, and social dimensions. – Wroclaw, “Argi”, 2012. – P. 61–68.
- Ostrovska K. O. Socio-psychological characteristics of L’viv University of the Third Age listeners adaptability / K. O. Ostrovska // Journal of Education, Culture and Society. – Wrozlaw, 2012. – №2. – Р.78 – 85.
- Kachmaryk Kh. Tolerance for uncertainty in elderly people/ Kachmaryk, K.Ostrovska, S. Grabovska, V. Syniev // Journal of Education, Culture and Society. – Wrozlaw, 2014. – №1. – Р.20 – 27. jecs20120282014292020-27
- Kateryna Ostrovska, Sophia Grabovska. Motivation readiness of children to school in nuclear and single parent families // Journal of Education Culture and Society.– 2015. – No. 2. –P. 141-150 (DOI: 10.15503/jecs20152.141.150) (Index Copernicus, ERIHPlus, DOAJ, CEJSH) jecs202015202822920141-150
- Kateryna Ostrovska. Subjective readiness of correctional teachers to education of ASD children // Journal of Education Culture and Society.– – No. 1. –P. 125-137 ( doi: 10.15503/jecs20171.125.137) (Index Copernicus, ERIHPlus, DOAJ, CEJSH) режим доступу [http://www.ojs.jecs.pl/index.php/jecs/article/view/10.15503.jecs20171.125.137]
Date of birth: May 5, 1965
Place of birth: Lviv
1983 – 1988 Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics
1994 – 1997 Drogobych Pedagogical Institute, major – Preschool Psychology and Pedagogy
1999 – 2002 Post-graduate studies at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, major – General Psychology (19.00.01)
2003 Defense of the PhD (candidate of science’s) thesis: “Relationship between the image of ‘self’, self-esteem and value orientations in junior schoolchildren”, specialty of Educational and Developmental Psychology (19.00.07), G.S.Kostiuk Institute of Psychology of the Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv. Diploma DK #019080.
1990-1998 care for a disabled child
1999-2000 Psychologist at school #80 in Lviv
2001-2003 Assistant Lexturer at the Department of Psychology, I. Franko National University of Lviv
2004-2013 Associate Professor at the Department of Psychology, I. Franko National University of Lviv
2013 defense of the Doctoral dissertation “Psychological bases for the formation of social competences in children with autistic disorders”, specialty 19.00.08. – Special Psychology. – National Pedagogical University named after M.P. Drahomanov, Kyiv.
2014-2015 Professor at the Department of Psychology, I. Franko National University of Lviv
Since September 2016 – Head of the Department, Professor of the Department of Special Pedagogy and Inclusion, Professor of the Department of Psychology, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
2002-2003 Lviv Society for the Protection of Families with Autistic Children “Contact”, Co-founder and Psychologist
2003-2004 Society for the Protection of Disabled Children and the Disabled since Childhood “Dovira”, Psychologist
2005-Present “Kolping Family” Society (Lviv), Member of the founding council, Chairman
2005-Present Lviv Center for Supporting Persons with General Developmental Disorders “Open Heart”, Director
2002-2004 Participant in the training program “Therapy and training of children with autism”, Poland, Warsaw Foundation “Synapsis”
2002-2003 Participant in the training program “Communication Videocoaching Technique” (VIT). Polish Foundation for Videocoaches “Plus”, coach certificate since 2003
2005-2010 Participant of the five-year project “System Psychotherapy”, Institute for Systemic Psychotherapy, Saarbrücken, Germany.
2013-2015 Participant of the three-year project “Short-term solution-oriented psychotherapy”, Center for short-term psychotherapy, Lodz, Poland.
Page with teachers schedule not found!