Department of physical education and sport
- About the Department
- Lecturers' schedule
- Teaching materials
About the Department
. Department of Physical Education and Sports
The Department of Physical Education and Sports is a structural subdivision of the Faculty of Pedagogical Education, that conducts educational and methodical activities on the academic discipline “Physical education” and undertakes scientific and research activities in the field of physical culture and sports.
The Department sets the goal and main tasks aimed at creating the conditions for increasing the level of health-enhancing motor activity as well as a healthy lifestyle of students; forms a holistic attitude of student youth to their own health; works on the improvement of students’ physical development and physical preparedness according to the requirements of the future profession; develops recommendations on health activity with specific guidance on volume, intensity, forms, and types of motor activity to promote students’ health.
The educational process at the Department entails development of a physical education programme at the University, based on the general social principles of the educational strategy of society, which implies comprehensive preparation of the individual for employment; determines cyclicity of the construction of the knowledge system in all areas of physical education and sports, provides individualization and differentiation of students’ physical exertion; provides educational services for students in accordance with competencies and standards of higher education, regarding physical education of student youth; provides the process of students’ sports improvement in the selected sport.
- Sirenko R.R., Kyselevych A.H., Stelʹnykovych V.M., Sapronov M.O. Hihiyenichni osnovy fizychnoho vykhovannya studentiv. Navch. posibn. L. : Vydavnychyy tsentr LNU imeni Ivana Franka. 2005. 144s. Sirenko R.R., Bednarsʹkyy O.I., Semen B.V. Fizychne vykhovannya studentiv. Kurs lektsiy. L.: Vydavnychyy tsentr LNU imeni Ivana Franka, 2011. 242 s. / Sirenko R.R., Kyselevych A.H., Stelʹnykovych V.M., Sapronov M.O. Hygienic methodology of physical education of students. Teaching manual. L.: Publishing centre at the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv. 2005. 144p. Sirenko R.R., Bednarsʹkyy O.I., Semen B.V. Physical education of students. Lecture Course. L.: Publishing centre at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, 2011. 242 p.
- Sirenko R.R., Levkiv L.V. Orhanizatsiya zanyatʹ ozdorovchoyi spryamovanosti zi studentamy (na prykladi sheypinhu). Navch. posibn. Lʹviv: Vydavnychyy tsentr LNU imeni Ivana Franka, 2012. 192 s. / Sirenko R.R., Levkiv L.V. Organization of wellness classes with students (on the example of shaping). Teaching manual. Lviv: Publishing centre at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, 2012. 129 p.
- Sirenko R.R., Pavlyshyn O.F., Savka I.V. Tlumachnyy slovnyk terminiv fizychnoyi kulʹtury ta fizychnoyi reabilitatsiyi. Lʹviv : LNU imeni Ivana Franka, 2019. 226 s. / Sirenko R.R., Pavlyshyn O.F., Savka I.V. Physical education and physical rehabilitation terms explanatory dictionary. Lviv: Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, 2019. 226 p.
- Sirenko R.R., Semen B.V., Nikitenko S.A. i in. Sport u vyshchykh navchalʹnykh zakladakh. Navch. posibn. Za zah. red. R.R. Sirenko. Lʹviv : LNU imeni Ivana Franka, 2019. 420 s. / Sirenko R.R., Semen B.V., Nikitenko S.A. etc. Sport in higher educational institutions. Teaching manual. Edited by R.R. Sirenko. Lviv: Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, 2019. 420 p.
- Sirenko R.R. Plavannya : teoriya, metodyka, praktyka. Navch. posibn. Lʹviv: Vydavnychyy tsentr LNU imeni Ivana Franka, 2020. 260 s. / Sirenko R.R. Swimming: theory, methodology, practice. Teaching manual. Lviv: Publishing Centre at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, 2020. 260 p.